Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Alki, What a Thrill

Surprisingly, since I moved to Seattle I have not seen any shows. This is primarily because I have little money to do such things, but on Saturday we got to see a show for free. We headed over to 107.7 The End's Beach House to get a free show from Rilo Kiley. I mostly just wanted to see Jenny Lewis and make Blake Sennett/Salute your shorts jokes.

Stephanie was a sweet heart for waiting around with me and the 50 other high schoolers that were there. There was also this guy with an American flag that he got Ozzy Osborne and the Beastie Boys to sign.
All in all, Alki wasn't the worst place to be on a beautiful Seattle Saturday.

Oh, so I'm almost done getting things into my room. I'm pretty happy with the things that I have and the price I have paid for their acquisition. Lets see what I got:

Desk = free, got it from the lady up the street. She was originally asking for 20 at the yard sale, but I held out and yesterday it was sitting on the curb with a "FREE" sign attached. Thanks Steph for helping me lug it down the street.
Chair=5 dollars
Bed = free (thanks Sarah)
Nightstand = 5 dollars
Cindy, thanks for leaving behind the shoe rack and the eyeball lights. However, it took me a while to find the switch on the lights and I was mad at you for a second for giving me broken lights.
Bookcase = free, apparently Carl left it behind and I am the benefitor
Thanks room for being so nice to me, now all I need to do is to find a job so that I can pay for you. Arghh!

Oh and sorry for being slack about gentle tyrants these days. What's even worse is Nathaniel and I live together now, so there is no excuse. But something is in the works, so watch out!

No comments: