Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Reptile Zoo

So after spending a pretty awesome weekend with Stephanie and her family, my sister Jen picked me up so that I could accompany her family on their trip here:

Yes, that's right. This place in Monroe, WA has the worlds 10 deadliest snakes. I challenged each of them to a duel.

Here is Torsten hanging out with my favorite animal of the day, the snapping turtle.
However, I think they may have been a favorite because I remember this guy:
Here was another favorite of the day. I wanted to take these baby turtles home.

This is their parents (the turtles, not the redheads):

Later on we got to handle some snakes:



Another thing I learned is that little turtles like to eat salad. They put this plate of greens out for the babies and they went crazy. I was tempted to pour a radioactive ooze salad dressing on it and then train them to do martial arts, but I resisted.



"There's snakes out there this big!?"




2 comments:

Cindy said...

We used to raise those baby turtles back home in vegas. I sort of got a little choked up when I saw those pictures on your blog of them. Made me want to go home.

Camiseta Personalizada said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).