Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Reptile Zoo

So after spending a pretty awesome weekend with Stephanie and her family, my sister Jen picked me up so that I could accompany her family on their trip here:

Yes, that's right. This place in Monroe, WA has the worlds 10 deadliest snakes. I challenged each of them to a duel.

Here is Torsten hanging out with my favorite animal of the day, the snapping turtle.
However, I think they may have been a favorite because I remember this guy:
Here was another favorite of the day. I wanted to take these baby turtles home.

This is their parents (the turtles, not the redheads):

Later on we got to handle some snakes:



Another thing I learned is that little turtles like to eat salad. They put this plate of greens out for the babies and they went crazy. I was tempted to pour a radioactive ooze salad dressing on it and then train them to do martial arts, but I resisted.



"There's snakes out there this big!?"




1 comment:

Cindy Bean said...

We used to raise those baby turtles back home in vegas. I sort of got a little choked up when I saw those pictures on your blog of them. Made me want to go home.