Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Stampede

Today I went with my entire family to the Kitsap County Fair and Stampede.We spent most of the morning looking at fun animals. One of our favorites were the llamas, and were told that if we stood close enough, they would give us a kiss.



A little later we got to see Don Riggs, the self proclaimed Reptile King. About 5 minutes before the show I saw him running desperately to find a bathroom. It is funny when you realize that those guys who you thought were really cool when you were a kid, are actually regular dudes.

Speaking of that, Nathaniel: Cowboy Buck was the MC for the festivities. I cannot believe that he is still around. Remember when he came to scout camp and people were throwing rocks at him?

Torsten was lucky enough to get pulled up on the stage to hold the alligator.

I wished I had come earlier to the kids tractor pull. It kind of reminded me of a mini World Strongest Man competition.

In the science tent, Torsten showed me his Jedi skills.

James was a spectator for most of the day.

After telling the kids we weren't going any any rides all day, Grandma finally broke down and sold my nieces and nephews to the Carnies.


By the end of the day I was too tired to stick around for Grand Funk Railroad. By the end of the day I also remembered how truly white trash Bremerton is.

1 comment:

nathaniel said...

i do remember that. i think i even hit his friend "chuck wagon" with a pine cone.