Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Snow Cone Review #2 (Ella Goods)

I think I was a little hesitant to go to Ella Good's. It is in that part of Provo that seems to be booming with commerce right now. After the deserved succcess of J-Dawgs, nearly everyone and their mother thought that they could open up a little old shack, sell a little old thing, and make a ton of money (however, I am sure that "The Deli Craze" would tell you differently -- note to them: never open a restauarant in a place where hair was once cut). Plus everytime I drove by, the place was crawling with zoobies -- and I can't stand those people lately. But last night I ventured out, and I was not disappointed.

First of all the place has a ton of selection. They have a lot of flavors to choose from and then they have all these crazy add-ins (I think one was pixie stix). I asked the girl what the best thing I could get was and she told me a pina colada mango with ice-cream -- I submitted. The thing was really good. They put the icecream at the bottom, which makes a pleasant surprise at the end, kind of like a reward for a well fought fight. I think the best part about it was that I wanted to go back and try every combination.

Sorry the lighting is weird:



Here's my rating: (out of 4)
Taste:***1/2
Service:***1/2 (the girl was really nice and likes to talk to you)
Price: Small ($1.50) - Ella Large ($3.50) plus add-ins (25 to 50 cents)

Location on 700 East Provo, just south of 820 N.

The sad part is that my quest maybe over. I don't think I am ready to have another crappy snow cone after this one.

2 comments:

meredith said...

There is a guaranteed amazing sno cone in austin that I'd be willing to pay for. I am just sayin...

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.